Finally, the wait is over for the iPhone users who were looking for picture-in-picture feature in their Apple devices. Now, all the iPhone users can watch the video from various apps while performing other tasks on a different screen. While you will be using the other app, the video will automatically be minimized into a smaller screen. This will be for the first time in an iPhone that the user is multi-tasking while watching videos. Let’s see how you can do it.
How to use Picture-in-Picture in an iPhone
The picture-in-picture feature was introduced to the iPad as early as 2015 but almost after five years, Apple has finally launched the picture-in-picture in iPhones too. New Anime Filter
The reason due to which the tech giant has not introduced the picture-in-picture feature in the iPhone could be the screen size of the previous generation device. The smaller screen size could have made it very difficult to use other apps while watching videos. All the devices with iOS 14 will have a picture-in-picture feature devices like (iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone 11).
Follow the instructions mentioned below to enable the picture-in-picture in your device,
- First of all, you need to open a video streaming app like Apple video, twitch, Youtube, etc
- Then, play a video in any of these apps.
- After that, go back to the home screen by swiping up if you use Face ID phone or simply press the home button if you use iPhone SE, iPhone 7, or iPhone 8.
- Once you directly go to the home, a separate floating window will open at the top of the screen with the video playing in it. You can move the floating window as per your convenience.
- Now, you will be able to do multitasking while watching your favorite video.
You can also customize the size of the floating window by pinching zoom in or out. Along with this, you can also hide the window by dragging it towards either side of the screen and pull back to make it visible.